We met yesterday, and here are the highlights that you should know…
1. Join us for a celebration of the Power of E Peer Recognition Program at March 13, 2014 Staff Council Meeting – 9am, Hauke Conference Room
2. It is coming around to our annual award time. Keep an eye out for nomination information for the Durick award (President’s Office), Lavallee and DARE awards (HR Office), and Staff Council Awards.
3. Like employee perks like saving 15% on your AT&T bill or getting a great deal on a ski pass to Bolton or Sugarbush? We would love to see even more offerings, so please send us your ideas, or better yet, if you know someone at a local business that you think would be willing to give Champlain employees a deal, get the ball rolling and then let us know about it. All of our current perks can be seen on the HR website.
4. Your turn to share your experience working at Champlain. Later in March you will be sent an email about participating in the Modern Think survey, a project of the Chronicle of Higher Education. The results of this full time employee climate/cultural satisfaction survey are used by various departments at Champlain to get a pulse on what our employees are thinking. It is an excellent opportunity to provide feedback about your experience as a Champlain employee overall. In the past we’ve been able to build out programs to address areas of concern such as recognition and orientation. We would love to see a high rate of participation in this, and it should only take no more than 15 minutes of your time.
5. Have something you want Staff Welfare to discuss? Email us, or feel free to join us for one of our meetings:
Monday, April 14th, 10:30am-noon in Lakeside 325
Monday, May 12th, 10:30am-noon in IDX 309
Monday, June 9th, 10:30am-noon in Lakeside 325