Greetings! As I announced at our February 9th Staff Council meeting, the Executive Board has two updates:
- It’s that time of the year to put our annual Nominating Committee together. We are looking for 3 staff members to serve. The requirements are minimal in that members are simply reaching out to people who are nominated and confirming that they want to run and their names should be put on the ballot for any open positions on our Executive Board, which in 2016 will be President, Treasurer, and 3 Board Member positions. Committee members may have to answer a couple of questions about Staff Council which you can likely answer (or refer those to Christina Erickson). The gig only lasts 4 to 6 weeks (March to April). The one catch is that if you are going to run for an open Staff Council position you can’t serve on this committee. We’d also appreciate assistance during the May meeting to help hand out ballots, collect them, and tally them. If you are interested, please contact Christina.
- This year, the Staff Welfare and Executive Board decided we need to review our Staff Council Awards. Why?
- Very similar if not duplicate awards
- Issue with getting nominations
- Awards not defined well. For example, last year’s recipient of the Staff Council Service Award – was not nominated for their service to the Staff Council, but rather much like the Durick Award.
So, instead of our former two awards, we will be giving out one Staff Council Award – given annually in May. The winner of this award will also be given a $500 monetary gift. We will request nominations a few times over the year, but nominations may be sent in at any time.
Nominate a Champlain College staff member that you feel is actively engaged in helping to make Champlain College a great place to work. The nominee should be someone who embodies one or more of the following characteristics:
- is on a path of continuous learning through professional development
- makes an effort to network and collaborate with other employees
- proposes new ideas and moves the ideas toward implementation
- works to create a supportive and inclusive environment for all employees
The award winner will be decided by the Staff Council President, Vice President, and/or subcommittee of the Executive Board and will be announced in May. All nominees will receive their nomination information once the winner is determined. Nominations may be sent at any time, by completing this brief form.