Greetings, Staff Colleagues!
I have a few updates to share with you.
1. We are currently accepting nominations for Staff Council Officers & Board Members, for the election to be held at our annual meeting on Tuesday May 22, 2018 at Lakeside 101/102. Nominations will be accepted through April 20, 2018 using this form. At this time, we are seeking to fill the following positions: President (2 year term), Treasurer (2 year term) and three Board Member positions (1 year terms). Nominations can be from self-nominations or for others. People will not be included in the slate of nominees until it is confirmed that they are interested in running. Learn more here.
2. We are currently accepting nominations for our annual Staff Council Award. Using this brief form, nominate a Champlain College staff member that you feel is actively engaged in helping to make Champlain College a great place to work. (Deadline: April 2, 2018). The nominee should be someone who embodies one or more of the following characteristics:
- is on a path of continuous learning through professional development
- makes an effort to network and collaborate with other employees
- proposes new ideas and moves the ideas toward implementation
- works to create a supportive and inclusive environment for all employees (Learn more here).
3. I highly encourage everyone to participate in the bi-annual “Great Colleges Survey”, administered by Modern Think. This is our opportunity to give confidential feedback that will be used by our leadership to make decisions about resource allocation and other guiding activities for the College. Please see the email from Katie Hawley on March 12th on the details of confidentiality and look for the actual survey sent by Modern Think on March 19th. Again, this is our opportunity to give honest feedback on our experience as a Champlain College employee.
Christina Erickson, Ph.D.
Director of Service & Sustainability Learning || Staff Council President
Center for Service & Sustainability, Champlain College
Office Location: Skiff Annex 203 || Campus Box #20 || Mailing Address: PO Box 670, Burlington, VT 05402
802.865.5449 || Website || Blog || Facebook