Cozy & Festive Winter Food and Drink

Champlainers know how to stay warm, cozy, and nourished (body and soul) during the cold, dark winter months. See what we’ve been cooking, eating, and drinking below!

Jennifer Reardon-Brown has been brewing fire cider!
Cody Campbell’s cozy Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Leah Miller has enjoyed creating festive charcuterie boards for cozy appetizers, with local meats and cheeses.
Another of Leah’s festive charcuterie boards, this one full of homemade desserts.
And Leah paired her snack boards with a Christmas Cosmopolitan. Filled with holiday cranberry and bright blood orange flavors.
Emily Fenuccio has been cooking all the carbs! Specifically this Shallot Pasta recipe by Alison Roman.
Celia Russell found a great recipe for Apple Cider Caramels if you are looking for something sweet! They’ve been a big hit with friends and family! The recipe can be found here.
Nate Walpole’s Canadian ex-pat heart gets a taste of home when the cool air moves in, through scratch-made Poutine.
Christina Brooker: “I make Pasta e Ceci at least once every couple of weeks this time of year when I want something warming, easy, and comforting. It is incredibly flexible, and I always have the basics – olive oil, tomato paste, garlic, ditalini, chickpeas – on hand. I have done it with or without onion, wine, rosemary, broth, red pepper flakes, or cheese. Every time it can be a little different and you should never care about following a recipe. A good starting point can be found here.
Pat Lovelace has been making crock pot soups
Kathy Leo-Nyquist’s Wood-fired potato & Chilean Sea Bass skillet
Rebecca Mills has been making overnight oats.
Mix it up the night before. Put it in a mason jar. Give it few shakes. Store overnight in the refrigerator. Warm it up in the morning. You can play around with lots of flavor combinations: mocha, chocolate strawberry, apple pie, nut butter and banana, etc. Here is a fall/winter favorite: Pumpkin Pie 1. Rolled oats: I recommend using rolled oats (gluten free if you want) in order to get the perfect, creamy texture. 2. 1/4 cup Greek yogurt: I used organic plain Greek yogurt for a little boost of protein and to keep the oats creamy. Trust me, the yogurt is necessary. 3. 2-3 TBS Chia seeds: I like adding chia seeds for a boost of healthy fats and to help firm up the creaminess. 4. 1/4 cup Pumpkin puree: please don’t use pumpkin pie mix! Opt for real pumpkin here. I buy canned pumpkin because of the convenience, but you can also make your own with this tutorial. 5. 1/4-1/2 cup Almond milk: I add some almond milk to get the right consistency, but you can use any milk you’d like. Use to replace or to combine with appropriate amount of water for your serving of oats 6. 1-2 TBS Maple syrup: we’re naturally sweetening the pumpkin overnight oats with a bit of pure maple syrup. 7. 1-2 tsp. Vanilla extract: for some additional flavor. 8. Cozy spices/pumpkin pie spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg and ground ginger photo and recipe from https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/pumpkin-pie-overnight-oats/